I hopped on the scale this morning, as is my habit, and I saw that little needle sit at 2lbs lighter than my previous weigh in! I know, bodies tend to fluxuate weight depending on hydration, on what we ate last night, on if we've pooped, on time of the month, etc. but seeing the needle under 160 for the first time in almost 3 years was a HUGE deal to me. I know I'm making slow progress, and I know there are setbacks, but every little piece of visual encouragement helps.
I am very lucky, also, to have a hugely supportive working environment. I can take my lunch breaks and do a cardio class or a workout at a 24 hour fitness gym downstairs. There is a lake to run around. Many of my coworkers are in my general age range, and are encouraging me to exercise with them, to exercise at all, and support me in my healthy habits and goals.
The boyfriend has been supportive as well, but he has hit a backtrack bump because of his hand surgery. Hopefully, as his splint comes off today, he'll be able to start up with light cardio again, because it'll be better for him and helps keep me motivated as well.
WEDNESDAY:
Breakfast: 1 egg 2 white omelet with spinach, tomato, onion, and cheese.
Snack: Skipped cuz was full from breakfast
Lunch: Leftover extra quesedilla from last night (smaller than dinner sized, and added 1/3 lb. seared albacore tuna for extra protein. Felt FULL.
Snack: Still full from lunch.
Dinner: 1 veggie sausage (about 140 calories), 1/2 avacado, 1 tablespoon lite mayo with lemon juice as sauce for both items. 2 shots pineapple juice, 1 shot coco real, 1.5 shots vodka to make a pina colada type beverage. It was naughty and delicious.
Snack: No excuse, had a peppermint chewie candy (v. small) and finished that pina colada thingie.
Exercise: 30 minutes HARD spin class, 10 minute walk to retrieve contact lenses a few blocks away. Entire body is extremely sore, and didn't feel capable of doing more exercise. Seriously, sore from those stupid weights. I anticipate taking Thursday as a day of rest, except for caring for my horse.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment